You just turned 11 weeks old on Wednesday and I am already asking myself where the time has gone. It feels like just yesterday that I was feeling you kick, wondering who you would be and now I can't imagine our family without you. You are the sweetest, most content baby and I can't begin to tell you how much I love you and how lucky we are to have you in our lives.
We have a nice routine, you and I, each day we walk Hunter and Julia to school then go for a nice walk around the path. We come home and play for a couple of hours (this is your awake time but play is probably a bit of a stretch) then head back to pick up Julia for lunch. You are sleeping most afternoons which works out well as Julia and I have various things we do - gymnastics, swimming, and Julia's favourite - baking. When Hunter comes home it is you he is most excited to see, asking each day if he can hold you (whether you are sleeping or not). You are infatuated with him too - he was the first one to get you to show us your amazing smile that not only lights up your whole face but a room as well. Evenings are usually a blur once Dad gets home - supper, running around for activities and whatnot but Dad and I are sure to find some time for just the three of us when the big kids go to bed. You have added so much to our lives in such a short time Marley Moo and we are so thankful for you.
These first few weeks you have mostly been sleeping and eating but here are some of your firsts:
- you smiled for the first time a few days before your first month birthday
- you rolled over for the first time shortly after but you have not really figured out how to get past that one arm yet
- you went swimming for the first time in a pool and then in our hot tub (which you smartly prefer)
- You went on your first hike in the mountains (sure you were carried but you did it just the same)
- you had your first cold and stayed amazingly content and sweet despite barely being able to breathe for over a week.
My peaceful, content, wonderful Marley I love you more than you can imagine.