Friday, September 7, 2007

Evidence I May Need to Get Back to Work Soon

  1. I can no longer write coherently.
  2. Jason actually convinced me to join one of his Fantasy Football leagues (I usually lose Jason to football every year around this time, so I figured I would get involved even though, so far it has really been one of those sports I have just not been able to get into - not even CFL). I've found myself reading football magazines to prepare.
  3. I have completely fallen off the Yann reading wagon and am instead mostly reading mystery novels and football magazines (per above). Must at least pick up Catch 22 per older post.
  4. I have lost all interest in returning to work and rarely peruse the career page any more.
  5. I signed up for a class this fall and have been lamenting the fact that it is on Saturdays ever since. What was I thinking? A Saturday class will totally interfere with any mini-vacations I might have planned. My thinking has now shifted to how many classes can I reasonably miss?
  6. I find myself thinking adult conversation is overrated.

I think there is a bit of a maternity leave cycle of missing work and not missing work. I'm sure in a few months I'll be itching to get back to work, but right now, I am totally in love with being at home (despite the obvious adverse effects).

2 comments:

Mamma Schmoo said...

I don't think that you need to go back to work at all.......in fact I think that you and Jason need to quit your jobs and move to Edmonton....then I will have someone to hang out with and have adult conversations with but they can be all about babies.

Mamma Schmoo said...

Oh and football rules....not so much the CFL though.