Friday, September 28, 2007

On the Wagon

You may have noticed that there have been no ugh posts for quite some time. Initially I quit posting them because I had read a post about weight on my February babies board and was sickened by our almost universal level of obsession with our bodies. If I could find the thread, I'd put a few of the comments up because the body hatred is startling even though it's not all that surprising. I don't think any of us wants to leave this type of legacy with our children but, unfortunately, I'm sure many of us will. I did find, though, that without the posting I wasn't forced to do any checking in with how I'm doing at getting rid of the baby weight in a healthy way (unlike some of the women on my board). Being accountable in writing helps so I'm re-starting the monthly posts. My current update? I'm swimming twice a week, taking mom and baby yoga, and walking with the kids or doing yoga at home when they're napping. So far, I've lost 35 of the baby pounds (it was 40 but the lack of posting/accountability seems to have resulted in a couple of them coming back). Will update again next month, Thanksgiving and all.

No comments: