Thursday, March 6, 2008

Languishing

I know, I know, I shouldn't post about work. So instead I thought I would do a little vocabulary building. Infer what you will.

lan·guish (lāng'gwĭsh)


  • To be or become weak or feeble; lose strength or vigor.
  • To exist or continue in miserable or disheartening conditions: languished away in prison.
  • To remain unattended or be neglected: legislation that continued to languish in committee.
  • To become downcast or pine away in longing: languish apart from friends and family; languish for a change from dull routine.
Maybe I should do some self-analysis. Nah, more vocabulary building. Again, infer what you will.

dra·mat·ic (drə-māt'ĭk)


  • Of or relating to drama or the theater.
  • Characterized by or expressive of the action or emotion associated with drama or the theatre: a dramatic rescue at sea.
  • Arresting or forceful in appearance or effect: a dramatic sunset.
  • Music Having a powerful, expressive singing voice: a dramatic tenor.

No comments: