- To be or become weak or feeble; lose strength or vigor.
- To exist or continue in miserable or disheartening conditions: languished away in prison.
- To remain unattended or be neglected: legislation that continued to languish in committee.
- To become downcast or pine away in longing: languish apart from friends and family; languish for a change from dull routine.
- Of or relating to drama or the theater.
- Characterized by or expressive of the action or emotion associated with drama or the theatre: a dramatic rescue at sea.
- Arresting or forceful in appearance or effect: a dramatic sunset.
- Music Having a powerful, expressive singing voice: a dramatic tenor.